Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

WE ARE FINALLY OUT OF THE REVIEW ROOM!

Hi Everyone,

TGIF!! I just wanted to post and let you know that CCAA just announced that they made significant progress with dossier review. They have now reviewed dossiers that were registered on or before April 30th, 2008. I always like to see positive movement. Also, CCAA is going to release a new shared list of waiting children on Monday, February 8th, 2010. This is an unanticipated positive development as well. Those of you who have decided that you are definitely interested in being matched with a waiting child should make sure that Becki Buck has received your Child Conditions form for China. I also strongly urge an indepth conversation with Becki, by phone to discuss the kinds of special needs that your family is prepared to handle, prior to her attempting to match your family. Becki has over 12 years experience working with families who have adopted or are planning to adopt special needs children, so she is well qualified to help you think about whether this is the right move for your family.

Any of you who are getting frustrated with the long wait for a healthy child referral, from CCAA. Please don't hesitate to give me a call to discuss options. (switching to the waiting child program, starting a concurrent adoption, switching your I-600 A approval to another country, hanging in there even if it takes months longer, what I would probably recommend for our April 19, 2006 dossier group, are all good options. My telephone number is (215) 249-0100 ext. 119, and I am typically here between 8:30 and 5:15 each day, and I don't usually take a lunch break. Please feel free to call me any time.

No comments: